Are you aware how powerful you are as a women entrepreneur? Women are amazing and if they would truly believe WHO GOD SAYS THERE ARE, the world would be a different place.
I have been in male-dominated industries since I’ve been in the workforce. For some reason, it never has mattered to me what society was saying, what the stats said or people thought, I’ve always just been blond and bold enough to do whatever my heart sets out to do.
From being in the military, ski patrol, having other outdoor ‘male’ dominated positions, to being the avalanche forecaster for the state of Colorado, to being in the internet marketing space. Ladies, its due season for women to rise up and become the powerful leaders they are!
Today I want to share some statistics that in the “corporate world” that SHOULD CONFIRM you need to be your own boss, have your own business and be one of the statistics in the “Women Entrepreneur World”!
- Were you aware that women make $0.78 for every dollar men make in the United States? That’s insane… (we won’t go any further than this, because I may say things that are not nice)
- Women receive 60% of undergraduate & graduate degrees
- Only 44% of women earn master’s degree in business and management
- Women only receive 37% of MBAs (Master of Business Administration)
- Only 1.2% of graduates from Harvard Business School were women
- In 2017, that number will reach 41% – (yes it’s growing).
- Only 4.6% of S&P 500 companies have women CEOs.
- On average, women CEOs are paid an average of 11.5% less than their male counterparts.
- At the current rate of progression, women won’t reach pay equality with men until 2058. (what the he….)
Women Business Owners
- Women own 10.6 million businesses in the United States.
- They employ 19.1 million workers–that’s one in every seven employees.
- Their businesses account for $2.5 trillion in sales.
- 1 million firms are owned by women (50% or more), employing more than 13 million people, and generating $1.9 trillion in sales as of 2008.
- Three-quarters of all women-owned businesses are majority owned by women (51% or more), for a total of 7.2 million firms, employing 7.3 million people, and generating $1.1 trillion in sales.
- Women-owned firms (50% or more) account for 40% of all privately held firms.
- 9 million firms are majority-owned (51% or more) by women of color in the U.S.
- These firms employ 1.2 million people and generate $165 billion in revenues annually.
- Between 2002 and 2008, these firms grew faster than all privately held firms.
- One in five firms with revenue of $1 million or more is woman-owned.
- 3% of all women-owned firms have revenues of $1 million or more compared with 6% of men-owned firms.
Sources: Statistics from the Center for Women’s Business Research, 2006. Census information from 2002. Visit here for more information on women-owned businesses in the United States.
Today’s Question: Have you started your business yet? Even if you are one of these amazing women in the corporate world, what is your backup plan? You could walk in tomorrow and be told your services are no longer needed – and why are you settling for less than what your peers are making anyway? (that just is not ok ladies)
Today’s Action Step: Be open to looking at “different” ways to create the life you love. Be willing to explore what might be your answer to your prayers. CLICK HERE to explore the Entrepreneur Ten Essentials