As we start this new year off remember those goals you set aren’t just for the first two weeks of January, they are to propel you throughout the entire year. Once you reach a goal set another one until you have reached your big goal. Then set another big goal! It’s your vision that will motivate you to do all of this
We talk a lot about having a vision in our coaching sessions, our Facebook family, the Ten Essentials, and anytime we are together because it’s so important. Here is why having a VISION is so important.
- Direction: we know what to do each day, each moment
- Guidance: helps us follow God’s plan for our life
- Focus: helps us say no to other things that come up
- Stability: we are not all over the place, we are focused
- Purpose: this is what we get up in the morning for, gives us a purpose and reason to jump out of bed with excitement; There is nothing like an all-consuming vision that will give us purpose and meaning for the long haul
- Excitement: this fuels the energy and motivation, every day is a new adventure
- Energy: sustains us through the day and through the tough stuff
- Motivation: It’s the motivating force in our life
Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no revelation, people cast off restraint; but blessed is the one who heeds wisdom’s instruction.
- It’s hard to survive, let alone thrive without a vision
- People are dying inside all day long without a vision
- All of us want to do something that makes a difference, counts for something, changes lives, matters to others and for others
Worse than being blind would be able to see but have no vision-Helen Keller
Steps to obtaining a vision
- Ask God to make it clear to me
- Seek the Lord, spend time in prayer
- Look beyond my present circumstances
Guidelines for a Godly vision
Born of God and supported by His word
- God has a plan for our life
- Make sure our vision is in alignment with HIS plan
- Bible should confirm our vision not conflict with it
Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path
Must be balanced
- God is balanced, so He wants us to be balanced
- Our vision should take into consideration all aspects of our life
- Without sacrificing for another part
Ecclesiastes 7:16-18 The Message Stay in Touch with Both Sides I’ve seen it all in my brief and pointless life—here a good person cut down in the middle of doing good, there a bad person living a long life of sheer evil. So don’t knock yourself out being good, and don’t go overboard being wise. Believe me, you won’t get anything out of it. But don’t press your luck by being bad, either. And don’t be reckless. Why die needlessly? It’s best to stay in touch with both sides of an issue. A person who fears God deals responsibly with all of reality, not just a piece of it.
Have a passion for it
- If our heart is not in something go back to God before pursuing it
- When God wants us to do something big for Him, he will give us the passion and drive to see it through
- It won’t always be easy
- Honestly, we always won’t be excited about it
Ecclesiastes 9:10 (The Message) Seize life! Eat bread with gusto, Drink wine with a robust heart. Oh yes—God takes pleasure in your pleasure! Dress festively every morning. Don’t skimp on colors and scarves. Relish life with the spouse you love. Each and every day of your precarious life, each day is God’s gift. It’s all you get in exchange For the hard work of staying alive. Make the most of each one! Whatever turns up, grab it and do it. And heartily! This is your last and only chance at it, For there’s neither work to do nor thoughts to think In the company of the dead, where you’re most certainly headed.
Be concise, clear, and plain
- The more complicated and unfocused our vision
- The less apt we will be able to stay with it to completion
- Make a vision plain and simple to understand
- Easy to grasp but not dull or boring
Habakkuk 2:2 The Lord’s Answer Then the Lord replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.
Keep that vision before you every single day this year!!! To join a powerful group of like-minded women and to learn more about creating a vision register for the Entrepreneur Ten Essentials.